Event Phone: 01793 818603
This course will explore the following:
- Defining who are your EAL children
- Assessing for English proficiency/ the importance of bench marking
- How to get the induction process right
- Effective support strategies that you can use in your classroom
- Using Language frames
- Setting up a support team within your school
- How to monitor attainment/progress and set measurable actions
- Ideas around current best practice.
Lee Edmonds is the Operational Lead for Professional Development at The White Horse Federation
Sandra is a bilingual Teaching Assistant at Drove Primary School and jointly leads the support and assessment of children with English as an Additional Language. She used to run the Saturday school for EAL pupils and worked for EMASS.
We're sorry, but all ticket sales have ended.
- Supporting Pupils with English as an Additional Language
November 26, 2019
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Venue: Swindon Teaching School
Venue Phone: 01793 818603
Venue Website: http://swindonteachingschool.org.ukAddress:
Plymouth Street, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 2LB, United Kingdom
Plymouth Street Swindon Wiltshire SN1 2LB Tel: 01793 818603
Swindon Teaching School has no on-site parking; however, being located centrally in Swindon there is an excellent bus service available. If delegates are driving to the Centre we advise parking at Swindon Football Ground (SatNav SN1 2ED), a 5 minute walk away. Swindon Football Ground (County Ground) Please note this is pay and display. Duration Charge from 1 April 2018 Up to 2 hours - £0.50 2-6 hours - £2.50 6-24 hours - £4.00 Do not park in the Merlin pub car park as your car may be clamped. Please note that parking through the blue gates on Plymouth Street is for staff only