Event Phone: 01793 818603
Supporting children with ASC/SCID in Early Years and Good Practice in Supporting Children with Challenging Behaviour in Early Years
Morning session content will include:
• An introduction to the needs of young children with social communication and interaction difficulties including autism.
• Penny will describe some of the general characteristics of a child with autism/SCID so that practitioners will have a better understanding and awareness of the issues involved in supporting ASC/SCID learners in your settings. Strategies/ resources and advice will also be shared.
Afternoon session content will include:
• Roles, Rights, Responsibilities and Rules
• A whole setting approach
• Possible causes of challenging behaviour
• Proactive strategies
• Positive behaviour management: praise and rewards, de-escalation, language, consequences.
• Paperwork e.g. risk assessments, support plans
• “Positive handling”
• Getting help
• Best Practice
Audience: Managers/SENCos/Practitioners/Teachers within EYFS supporting children aged 3 – 4 years.
Outline of Day: This is a full day course with lunch included.
Course Tutors: Morning – Penny Seymour – Swindon Autism Support Service. Afternoon – Swindon SEMH Team.
Dates: Tuesday 24th September
Time: 9.15 am to 3.45 pm
Venue: CPD Centre, Drove Campus, SN1 2LB
Delegate Fee: £15.00
Emma O'Neill is an Early Years Consultant at Swindon Borough Council
- Supporting children with ASC/SCID in Early Years
September 24, 2019
9:15 am - 3:45 pm
Venue: Swindon Teaching School
Venue Phone: 01793 818603
Venue Website: http://swindonteachingschool.org.ukAddress:
Plymouth Street Swindon Wiltshire SN1 2LB Tel: 01793 818603