Event Phone: 01793 818603
This course will be suitable for practitioners in early years settings. This is a 3 day course and there will be tasks for practitioners to complete in between the days.
Audience: This course is suitable for new and inexperienced practitioners or as a refresher for more experienced practitioners
This course will cover:
- The EYFS Curriculum – what is it? Looking at Characteristics of Effective Learning and the age and stage bands from Development Matters.
- Identifying key elements of effective continuous provision and explore what a high quality learning environment looks like in the EYFS.
- Effective assessment in EYFS and assessment strategies – what does high quality observation look like? Effective questioning; developing critical and sustained thinking
- Phonics and reading in the early years
- Latest Ofsted inspection framework and what it means to practitioners
The session will aim to:
- Develop practitioners knowledge, understanding and confidence in delivering quality practice in their setting.
- Support practitioners in reflecting on and developing quality practice in their setting.
Sarah Jerman is an Independent Educational Consultant
- Exploring the EYFS
September 23, 2019
9:15 am - 4:15 pm
Venue: Swindon Teaching School
Venue Phone: 01793 818603
Venue Website: http://swindonteachingschool.org.ukAddress:
Plymouth Street Swindon Wiltshire SN1 2LB Tel: 01793 818603