Local Leaders of Governance
Twenty-three local leaders of governance (LLGs) have now been designated to offer support to the South West Region.
What are Leaders of Governance?
Leaders of Governance have proven skills and experience in school improvement. They are a crucial part of the self-improving and sustainable school-led system, in improving the quality and capacity of governance. National Leaders of Governance are currently fully deployed across the region. Local Leaders of Governance have now been added to the team, adding 800+ additional hours of FREE support to our system leader capacity. In return for this free support, schools are asked to agree to pay reasonable travel/subsistence expenses which will be discussed in advance of a deployment.
What do they do?
Just like National Leaders, Local Leaders of Governance respond to the needs of individual chairs, schools and trust boards, enabling governors to help themselves. They can help in many ways, for example:
- Support for new chairs through ongoing mentoring or with specific advice
- Support for experienced chairs dealing with a particular issue
- Temporary membership of governing board of a school in need of support
- Advice and guidance following a recommendation made by an LLE
- Advice and guidance following a ‘good with concerns’ Ofsted judgement
- Providing a fresh pair of eyes: even the best practitioners can improve
Please click the link to access further details on Local Leaders of Governance and how you can access support. LLG Information Flyer
Alternatively, visit the Team South West CPD portal