Event Phone: 01793 818603
Audience: ITT & NQT mentors from Primary Schools
Outline of session:
These sessions will enable participants to:
- be even more aware of the mentoring role and its broader context
- be more practiced and accomplished in mentoring and coaching conversations
- be aware of three types of feedback: praise, evaluative and learning
- be able to describe fluently what the trainees/NQTs have to do to move from a 3 to a 2 and from a 2 to a 1 in each of the Teacher Standards
- there will be an opportunity for mentors to ask questions regarding ITT and NQT processes and paperwork.
These sessions are free of charge to all ITT mentors of trainees and students on Swindon Teaching School SD salaried/SD PGCE courses and mentors of NQTs for whom Swindon Teaching School is the Appropriate Body. (Please book on the website and the charge will be removed when your booking is processed).
Other ITT/NQT mentors are welcome to attend for a fee of £25
10th October and 30th October 2017
Ron Piper, formerly Assistant Principal at The Ridgeway School and now PGCE Course Leader for the Swindon SCITT. Ron holds ICF recognised coaching qualifications and is also an NLP Master Practitioner and Trainer. Ron's current training focuses on exploring the commonalities that exist between outstanding teaching, coaching and self-leadership and considers questions such as Do Outstanding teachers coach rather than teach? What’s similar about coaching and leadership thinking? and What has to happen to create a coaching culture for staff and students? Ron is especially interested in how planning and designing lessons around coaching presuppositions has positive impact on student outcomes. In short, Ron is keen to help teachers to be coaches in their classrooms and help them to understand that Outstanding is a way of thinking rather than doing.
- ITT Mentoring - how to give the best support
October 10, 2017
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Venue: Swindon Teaching School
Venue Phone: 01793 818603
Venue Website: http://swindonteachingschool.org.ukAddress:
Plymouth Street Swindon Wiltshire SN1 2LB Tel: 01793 818603